I send you very warm greetings from Delhi, india. Thank you for taking time to pray for Nepal. The nation is reeling under dire need from the earthquake disasters.
This morning a disaster relief specialist called me from the mountains of Nepal, begging me to rally prayer. Please use the prayer below. And if you want to give a financial gift, I can get that into hard working hands. Believers, like you and me, who are helping Nepalis in their hour of need are sharing the hope of Jesus.
Thank you so much for your partnership and for doing what you can.
“You answer us with awesome and righteous deeds,
God our Savior, the hope of all the ends of the earth and of the farthest seas,
who formed the mountains by your power, having armed yourself with strength,
who stilled the roaring of the seas, the roaring of their waves,
and the turmoil of the nations.
The whole earth is filled with awe at your wonders;
where morning dawns, where evening fades,
you call forth songs of joy.”
“A bruised reed he will not break,
and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out,
till he has brought justice through to victory. In his name the nations will put their hope.”
God our Savior, we pray on behalf of Nepal. We ask for supernatural provision and protection over the millions of people who have been made homeless by the catastrophic earthquakes. With the same power you have to “still the roaring of the seas,” we ask for Your protection against any other disasters involving rain, disease, and lack of basic necessities.
May creative solutions be imparted to those involved with rebuilding infrastructure as well as the Nepal’s leaders. Lord Jesus, release a spirit of generosity from other nations and the church. We ask for the provision of homes, clean water, safe hospitals, employment opportunities, and the restoration of necessary assets like livestock, clothing, and household necessities we often take for granted. We also pray for reliable transportation of supplies to remote areas.
As Christian workers bring relief, we pray for open hearts to receive the hope of the gospel – that which cannot be taken away. We ask for a harvest of souls beyond counting. We trust You to bring justice to victory, and in YOUR name, the nation of Nepal will put their hope.
In the unfailing love of Jesus we pray, amen.
Sword of the Word, Verses for you to use:
- “My justice will become a light to the nations. My righteousness draws near speedily, my salvation is on the way, and my arm will bring justice to the nations. The islands will look to me and wait in hope for my arm. Lift up your eyes to the heavens, look at the earth beneath; the heavens will vanish like smoke, the earth will wear out like a garment and its inhabitants die like flies. But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.” -Isaiah 51:4-6
- “God will never forget the needy; the hope of the afflicted will never perish.” -Psalm 9:18
- “In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” -Matthew 5:16
News Link for You:
- The Wall Street Journal reports that Nepal will be needing $6.66 billion in order rebuild infrastructure. Over 700,000 people have been pushed below the poverty line due to the damaged infrastructure and economy (A quarter of the population now lives on less than $1.25 a day.)
- The UN, via Times of India, estimates that 1.4 million people are currently living off of food assistance. Pray for God-inspired strategies to those in charge of distribution of these resources.
Our unique connections in Nepal give us the ability to get resources directly into the hands of those who need it most. Simply make a donation via our page here and be sure to leave a comment that it is for His Hands/Nepal.Print This Post